Leading commercial fit-out contractor, Hertfordshire based JCA, considers how flexibility, staff wellbeing and integration of technology have become major design factors in creating happy and productive office environments.
Workspace design is evolving at a rapid pace, as organisations compete to attract and retain the brightest and best talent at a time when the UK’s skilled labour pool is reducing.
Whereas in the past office design focused on the space itself, interior designers creating the latest workspaces are tasked with developing environments that provide staff ...
The popularity of more sustainable transport among Milton Keynes residents continues to grow according to a local car dealership that’s seen record sales of zero emission electric cars.
Westcroft based franchised dealership, Brayley Renault has reported a year on year increase of 330% in buyers of the 100% electric models, as more consumers see the benefits of owning plug-in vehicles.
The surge in electric cars on the roads of Buckinghamshire reflects the national demand for more environmentally friendly motoring. Figures published by The ...
David Eszenyi, Commercial Director of engine remanufacturing specialist, Ivor Searle provides an insight into the world of automotive remanufacturing and its benefit to the fleet sector.
Remanufacturing is a fundamental part of what’s called the ‘Circular Economy’. This concept champions a range of activities including reuse, sharing, pay-per-use, refurbishment, remanufacturing and recycling, in order to preserve natural resources, reduce energy usage and avoid landfilling.
Typically, remanufactured engines will each save 55kg in core metal, so it’s a cost-effective alternative to manufacturing brand new, ...
One of the UK’s best performing Honda dealerships, located on Great Cambridge Road, Enfield, was selected to host a special visit from some of Japan’s best Honda car dealers.
Brayley Honda Enfield opened its doors to a group of 25 Japanese sales executives, who each won a place on the four-day trip to the UK by selling the most Honda cars in their dealerships across Japan.
As well as finding out more about the motor industry in the UK, the prize winners toured ...
A car service centre based in Monkspath Business Park, Motorserv-UK Solihull, which opened three years ago, has beaten hundreds of other automotive service and repair businesses across the UK to the title of ‘Garage of the Year’ 2017.
The trophy was awarded to Motorserv-UK at Europe’s largest automotive aftermarket exhibition, Automechanika, which was held at the NEC in Birmingham. The West Midlands workshop, owned by 35 year-old Solihull entrepreneur, Kamran Saleem, was up against 12 other garage finalists but gained the most ...
Hertfordshire based building engineering specialist, JCA, has made a major appointment to its senior management team, as the business develops its portfolio of large scale engineering projects, involving the installation and maintenance of critical infrastructure across the data centre, healthcare, commercial office and science and technology sectors.
Former National Director of Specialist Services for Mitie, Ian Coleman, has joined JCA as Managed Services Division Operations Director. Reporting to JCA’s Chairman, Ian Jackson, Coleman has responsibility for the company’s expanding programme of resident ...
The UK’s leading supplier of reman engine, gearbox, turbo and cylinder heads, Ivor Searle is pleased to announce the addition of a further unit to its range of petrol and diesel remanufactured engines, the Vauxhall A14XER reman engine.
Part of the line-up of Family 0 straight-4 cylinder petrol engines, the 1.4i 16V code Vauxhall A14XER is now available from Ivor Searle’s Cambridgeshire based factory with next day delivery.
The Vauxhall A14XER unit is a Generation IIII ‘Ecoflex’ version of the TwinPort engine, tuned ...
As the UK’s motor industry continues to face a shortage of skilled technicians, leading PSV parts distributor, Imperial Engineering, examines the changing landscape for apprenticeships in the bus and coach sector.
The Apprenticeship scheme has entered a period of significant change. Over the past decade, training providers have been responsible for managing 80% of all Apprenticeships in England with large employers and further education colleges making up the other 20%. From 1 April 2017, a new Apprenticeship Levy will be paid at ...
Aimed at helping aspiring and established business owners in Birmingham achieve record growth in 2017, an innovative entrepreneur is putting on a free 'How to Make it Big in Business' master class in the city for the first time.
Recognised by Amazon for building one of the UK’s fastest growing car retailers, thirty-three year old Adam Stott, started his Essex-based company, Big Cars, in 2008 from his mum’s house. In just eight years, the business has grown into a £40million annual turnover operation, ...